The All India Plastics Manufacturers' Association (AIPMA) was founded by Industry visionaries 73 years ago making it one of the oldest & largest Apex bodies of the Plastic Industry in India. Through the years AIPMA has expanded and progressed by leaps and bounds in all fields of Plastics. Today our Head Offices are located in prime locations such as Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, and Kolkata.
The Baton of Association was lead and passed on by the Past Presidents and Industry Doyens such as Shri I.V. Ruia, Shri. D.B. Garware, Shri. Chandrakant B. Garware, Shri. Ambalal Khilachand, Shri. R.V. Turakia, Shri. Vadilal Shah, Shri Shadilal Jain, Shri Dilip Piramal, and Shri M. P. Taparia, to name a few.
AIPMA already crossed its Diamond Jubilee milestone and is now poised for its Platinum Jubilee:-
- Work towards making India an International sourcing base for plastics
- Vigorously promote plastics in compliance with National & International standards and Certifications like BIS, ISO, Six Sigma, Lean Management, National Manufacturing Competitiveness, Reach, etc. for the industry for an extensive use of Global Information Technology
- Set up an Export Cell to provide information and assistance to all members with regards to plastics
- Fight against any national or international challenges confronting the growth of the Indian Plastic Industry
- Promote membership through zonal regions especially the MSME Sector
- Organize Training programmes for Blue collars as well as, skilled individuals in the plastic industry
- Adoption of IITs to promote Plastics Cluster Development
- Remain alert on various environmental issues & anti-plastic campaigns
AIPMA with progress oriented projects is Poised for its Platinum Jubilee,
AIPMA REPRESENTATION ON GOVERNMENT BODIES & VARIOUS INDUSTRY ASSOCIATIONS
Being a Legendary Plastics Association, AIPMA is recognized by the Chemical & Fertilizers Ministry, Department of Petrochemicals, Government of India, and has representation at various Union & State Government Ministries to voice concerns and difficulties faced by the plastic industry. AIPMA also plays a role in budgetary structure recommendations, monitoring uniformity in government regulations and chalking out strategies and policies for the plastic industry.
MEMBERS OF AIPMA & PROFILE
AIPMA has over 22,000 members through our Affiliated Associations from all over India, representing more than 175 cities from various segments of the industry such as polymer manufacturers, machinery manufacturers, processors, mold & dye makers, traders, exporters, manufacturers, processors, consultants, institutions and many more. Also, almost 90% of AIPMA members are from the MSME Sector.
ACTIVITIES OF AIPMA IN INDIA & GLOBAL
In its pursuit to achieve growth excellence, AIPMA organizes National as well as, International seminars, lectures, meetings, conferences, buyer & seller meetings, and training programs periodically and liaison between the Government and industry.
AIPMA enjoys representation in the following Ministries at State & Union Government bodies regarding the Indian Plastics Industry.
- Chemical & Fertilizers Ministry (Department of Petrochemicals)
- Ministry of Commerce – regarding Budgets & Free Trade Agreements EXIM
- Policies for the Plastics Industry
- Ministry of Environment & Forests - regarding environmental issues
- Ministry of Industries - regarding issues relating to the Plastics Industry
- Directorate of Anti-Dumping – regarding Anti-dumping duty for various items
Re: Recycling of Plastics Solid Waste Management system and coordinating with Municipal departments for campaigning Plastic Waste Management.
Nodal Agents promote Global Plastics Exhibitions & Trade Delegations. Since 1992, AIPMA is the partnering and Sole Selling Principal Agent in India for premier Plastics Exhibitions like Arabplast, Dubai, Plastpack Africa, South Africa, NPE US, etc. We also organize Trade delegations to the K exhibition in Germany, Koplas - Korea, NPE, USA, Taipeiplast - Taiwan, Asiamold - China, Chinaplas, China and many more. The size of the Delegation is as big as the 250+ core buyers from all over India. We organize Trade meetings between our members and delegations from the Chambers of Commerce, Trade Bodies and other Associations from various countries frequently.
AIPMA is one of the founder parents of the Plastindia Foundation in 1987 with the objective to jointly promote the interest of the Indian Plastics Industry on an International platform.
AIPMA IS MEMBER AND ARE ACTIVELY INVOLVED WITH
- CII - AIPMA President is a member of the National Council at CII
- Maharashtra Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- The Small-Scale Acrylic Plastic Products Manufacturer's Association
- Indian Plastics Institute
- Indian Institute of Packaging
- Indian Merchant's Chamber
- Indian Chemical Council
- Federation of Associations of Small Industries of India
- Bureau of Indian Standards
- All India Association of Industries
- Daman Industries Association
- Federation of Associations of Maharashtra
- Indo German Chamber of Commerce
- Indian Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO)
- MIDC (Marol Industrial Association)
AIPMA - at the All India Plastic Industry Forum comprising of more than 25 Plastics Associations of India, most of them affiliated to AIPMA
- Indian Plastics Institute, Mumbai
- Bombay Small Scale Industries Association, Mumbai
- Federation of Industries of India, Mumbai
- Indian Plastics Federation, Kolkata
- Organisation of Plastics Processors of India, Mumbai
- Kerala Plastics Manufacturers Association, Cochin
- Gujarat State Plastics Mfrs. Association, Ahmedabad
- Andhra Pradesh Plastics Mfrs. Association, Hyderabad
- Daman Industries Association, Daman
- Maharashtra Plastics Mfrs. Association
- Plastics Mfrs. Association of Rajasthan, Jaipur
- Association for the Promotion of Plastics, Pune
- The Small-Scale Acrylic Plastics Products Manufacturers Association
- Saurashtra Plastic Mfrs. Association
- All India Flat Tape Mfrs. Association, Ahmedabad & Delhi
- Kerala PVC Pipe Manufacturers Association
- All India Industries Association, Delhi
- Tamil Nadu Plastics Manufacturers Association (TAPMA), Chennai
- Bhavnagar Plastic Manufacturers Association, Bhavnagar
- Indian Plastpack Forum, Indore
- Plastics Exports Promotion Council, Mumbai
- Surat Plastics Mfgrs Association, Surat
- Karnataka Plastics Mfgrs Association, Bangalore
- Federation of Panchmahal Industries.
- Ludhiana Plastics Mfgrs Association
AIPMA In-House publications
Plastics News, a monthly magazine published by AIPMA keeps its members abreast with the current happenings in the industry within the country and around the world. AIPMA also publishes a Fortnightly New Bulletin containing all matters pertaining to statutory matters, government notifications, and related information.
AIPMA DATABANK AND WEBSITE
We maintain a data Bank of 50,000+ belonging to all sectors of the Plastic Industry across the globe.
SERVICE TO MEMBERS
In service to the industry, we have in-house facilities like an elaborate Auditorium, Board Room, Business Centres, Projection facilities, a Plastics Library etc.
AIPMA is dedicated to the development and growth of the plastic industry. Thus, the organization contributes to national as well as, global progress through plastics.